Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

            Industry contact information 
                   Head shots on succeeding pages !
         Email me at  kayak4evr@aol.com  or contact Phillip Espinoza
             You can reach him at  Aqua Talent  (310)859-8889
                     --- --- --- -- --- ---  --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --




I have been acting for less than 3 years.  Folks in this business tell me what I have done is excellent. 
           One look at my resume and they usually comment, "Wow, you have been busy!
I have A few TV movies under my belt as well as too many student films to mention. Some were very nice, a few were disasters. Poor planning, poor writing and generally disorganized.  Yep, they are learning
As a senior I probably don't have 20 years to become rich and famous! Kidding about the famous.  I will be very pleased to do good work in  films and commercials.
_______________________________________
"I am too old to wait for success, so I am going ahead without it!"
Apologies to Jonathan Winters.

Industry contact information via "Actors Access."
Represented by AQUA TALENT

I was once remarkably well "connected" in this crazy business. My late "best friend" was
Howard Brown.  Columbia Studios called him "Wunderkind."
Howard produced all but one of the "Cheech & Chong" flicks. I would go to sets with Howard and had a generally fun time hanging out..  I was asked a few times.."Hey, wanna be in a movie?"
This was 9 years before the "Bug" bit me.  Who knew?
Yes, I do take classes and attend industry seminars as well as CD workshops.
Cyb Barnstable of Sherman Oaks was my first instructor.  I am now with Brian Reise. Brian is excellent.
I think i am "Teachers's pet", why?  He picks on me constantly.  I think I give as good as I get. I have plenty of "smart ass" retorts!  he does roar!

My work ethic is good and I arrive at auditions and sets early!
My "big break" I thought was HBOs "Big Love."  I got the gig because of "special skills"  In this case it was knife sharpening.  I was well treated and was walked through my scene. 
The bad news was it was not shot. That happens in this business.
 I am, however grateful for the great opportunity. I will wow 'em next time!                                                                                              
______________________________
A  few videos here, I hope you enjoy!
______________________________
Here is a fun commercial I recently did.

My very first film below.
"Geriatric Hat Trick"
Written & directed by by Felix Allen
No Lines, but the "Star."
This is the tale of an aging Magician who comes out of retirement to do one more show for a senior citizen's center. Little did he know that his skills had long since vanished.
I think the audience was amazing. They were residents of Del Amo Trailer Park in Long Beach, CA
                                    They are not trained actors. Their expressions are priceless
                                  



I did this one for Biola College. The writer-director was well prepared and thoughtful young man.
We did the whole shoot in a few hours! Pretty remarkable!
"Won In a Million"
A nice bunch and a great kid!



 Shakespeare Fishing Tackle Commercial




                                                    
                                                      CLEMMY'S ICE CREAM !
Friday, March 12, 2010


A very good day! Ice Cream too!
I did a nice commercial for "Clemmy's Ice Cream" today. It is great stuff and has NO sugar or Lactose
Yes plenty of calories.

It has to be perfect for Diabetics or "Pre Diabetics" You can Google them and find a store that carries them near you! I will sure tell my Internist about the product!
The production company was a delight. I wasn't the "star" but they did position me next to him! I'll take it.
They fed us way too well! I was done at 4:00 and made it to an Audition at Universal! I felt I did well.
I always feel that way! The rule on auditions is, do them and for get about them.



Coming soon, my own "Reel", as well as a feature film

April 4, 2010
No more Student Films!

Or Background work.  I made a post on Showfax, an Actors site re: my adventures in the above.
They overwhelmingly advise against doing this kind of work, even when I felt it was a unique venture.
Basically they said "If you are going to act, act, forget about the no pay, low pay gigs.
My friend Beth will be over today and help "clean up" my resume.  It is too wordy and has extraneous stuff the CDs and others just don't care about and Will simply discard.
Here I thought looked pretty good.  Man 'O Man it is a learning process!
------------April 6, 2010------------
We met Beth and her husband. Both delightful!  My resume is now up to industry standards,
We dumped all the, what I thought, was cool stuff.
Now maybe we will keep it out of the waste basket!  Thanks Beth!

----------April 14, 2010--------------
It has come to my attention that a great agent commented that I had a sweet face!
maybe, just maybe........

April 25, 2010
A reel at long last. 
Thanks, Bill Lippincott.
To all you non actors, a reel is a compilation of bits 'n pieces.  The purpose is so that a CD, Director etc can see how you look and act on camera.  It is all about the actor!  As it should be.  I have seen a few where I wasn't sure who was being showcased. A lot of skills are needed by the tech wizards that create a reel, They are not inexpensive! 
I like to think I come across as different characters.  I hope so.
When this is on "Actors Access", industry members can, with a simple click, see what he/she are getting.
It will be great to just hand it to a perspective agent.

(this link is Tnot responding...yet. bear withThis link seems not to be resAAponding

4 comments:

  1. Nice job Jerry, love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. since I grew the mustache my bookings have increased. Most of the time i play a Latino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you find your agent Jerry?
    Just getting started!

    Kathleen Tawney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomandkathleentawney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete